|Home||Services||Predictive Techniques||Free Weekly Horoscope||About Us||Mission of Life||Contact us|
"LEARN ASTROLOGY - STRENGTH OF PLANETS"
Strong Planets Weak Planets
a) it occupies its own or good house(s) in the Navamsa chart and other divisional charts;
b) it is under the close influence of functional benefic planet;
c) it occupies its exaltation or mooltrikona signs;
d)it is placed in the Sun-like houses, that is the second, third and ninth houses. This increase in strength can be to the extent of 25%.
The results of planets placed in the Sun-like houses that is the second, third and ninth houses get magnified.
Any planet has a capacity to bless the person with its results if its natal strength is at least 60% and it is unafflicted. In such a situation the results may come with some delay and of a slightly lower order. With the help of the strengthening measures - gemstones or a Special Power Kavach - the strength of the planets, where it is less than 60%, can be brought up to the level of 60% so that the planets can bless the person with the significations ruled by them.
One can strengthen the weak planets by: (i) a Kavach if the planetary strength is between 50% to 60%; (ii) a special power Kavach if the planetary strength is between 35% to 50%; (iii) a special purpose Kavach with gemstones if the planetary strength is lower than 35%.
1) the most effective point of its mooltrikona sign is afflicted by a functional malefic planet within an orb of one degree;
2) the most effective point of its house of placement is afflicted by a functional malefic planet, within an orb of one degree for mooltrikona sign houses or within an orb of five degrees for non-mooltrikona sign houses;
3) it is conjunct with or aspected by any functional malefic planet within an orb of one degree;
4) it is combust due to its nearness to the Sun;
5) it occupies malefic houses from the ascendant, except if it is in its own mooltrikona sign house;
6) It occupies its sign of debilitation;
7) It is in infancy or old-age;
8) It occupies its debilitated sign in the Navamsa divisional chart;
9) it occupies the mooltrikona sign house of a weak planetary lord; however its strength would be equal to the strength of its dispositor. Each planet’s strength is limited to the strength of the ultimate dispositor or its own strength whichever is less. This means if the strength of the ultimate dispositor is more than the strength of the planet, then the planet’s own strength will prevail.
In cases regarding special or multiple afflictions, the otherwise “strong” planet is considered afflicted (and weak) even when the orb of affliction is at two degrees.
The affliction is considered special or multiple when it comes from:
1) a conjunction with or aspect from the most malefic planet;
2) an aspect from a functional malefic planet placed in a dusthana house;
3) a conjunction with Rahu or Ketu (Rahu-Ketu axis);
4) an aspect of a functional malefic planet afflicted by one or more other functional malefic planet;
5) more than one functional malefic planet at the same time.
Fairly strong planet: A fairly strong planet is one which has at least 70% power and is unafflicted along with being well placed.
Mild affliction: : A mild affliction by a malefic influence is one in which it is 25% or less and it involves a strong or fairly strong planet or the most effective point of a non-mooltrikona sign house.
LOSS OF STRENGTH BY PLANETS
a) A planet will lose strength to the extent of 75% if its mooltrikona sign house is afflicted. The loss of strength can be judiciously adjusted proportionately to the extent of affliction and to the strength of the lord of the house.
b) A weak planet placed in an afflicted house will lose strength to the extent of 75%.
c) An otherwise strong planet placed in a non mooltrikona sign afflicted house will lose strength to the extent of 50%. Such a planet may give good results in the first place and will cause setbacks later.
d) A closely afflicted weak planet will lose strength to the extent of 75%.
e) A closely afflicted otherwise strong planet will lose strength to the extent of 50%. Such a planet will give good results in the first place and will cause setbacks later.
f) A planet becoming weak due to close combustion will lose strength to the extent of 75% if the Sun is a functional malefic planet. Where the Sun is a functional benefic and it causes combustion to another planet, the planet will become 50% weak for the purpose of transit affliction. A combust planet in its sign of debilitation and placed in a malefic house will have only 10% power.
g) When planets are placed in the malefic houses, they lose strength by 50% besides suffering through the significations of the malefic house. The placement in the sixth house can involve the person in disputes, debts and can cause ill health. The placement in the eighth house can cause serious obstructions for the significations ruled by the planet. The placement in the twelfth house can cause expenses and losses for the significations of the planet.
The vargottama position of the planet does not add to its strength.
h) When planets are placed in their signs of debilitation, they lose strength by 50%. When planets are placed in their signs of debilitation in birth chart and navamsa, they lose strength by 75%.
i) If in Rasi chart the planet is badly placed and at the same time debilitated in navamsa it would lose strength to the extent of 60%.
j) A badly placed planet in its sign of debilitation will lose its power by 75%.
k) A planet debilitated in navamsa would lose power by 25%.
GAIN OF STRENGTH BY PLANETS THROUGH ASPECTS AND CONJUNCTIONS:
An exact conjunction or aspect by a strong functional benefic planet raises the strength of the planet by 50%.
The impact of conjunction and aspect by a strong functional benefic planet remains within an orb of 5 degrees and is at the rate of 10% per degree. At exact conjunction/aspect the impact is 50% and at a longitudinal distance of 5 degree aspect/conjunction the impact becomes 0.
An exact conjunction or aspect by a weak functional benefic planet raises the strength of the planet by 12.5% - just marginal. This benefit is only applicable for exact conjunction or aspect.
Strong PlanetsA strong natal planet protects and promotes its general significations and the significations of its mooltrikona sign house. Any planet is considered strong when its longitude is within 5 to 25 degrees and it is not in a state of weakness. It can increase its strength if: :
Weak PlanetsA weak natal planet is not capable of fully protecting/ promoting its general significations and the significations of its mooltrikona sign house during the course of its sub-periods and during the triple transit functional malefic influences. A planet becomes weak when: